First Year Students
Summer Orientation for Incoming Students
Incoming freshmen are required to attend a two-part summer orientation program designed just for them. At orientation, you will:
- Meet other new students
- Explore campus
- Learn about living in a residence hall or commuting
- Find resources so you can be successful at WCU!
Part 1: One-day June Orientation
We offer eight one-day orientation sessions in June so you can register for the day that works with your schedule. The link to register will appear in your myWCU account once registration opens in mid to late April.
2016 Orientation sessions will be held on: June 9th, 10th, 15th, 16th, 17th, 22nd, 23rd, and 24th.
Part 2: August Orientation
August Orientation takes place move-in weekend, Friday, August 26 through Sunday, August 28, 2016. As a new student, you will move in on Friday, August 26th according to the time schedule you receive over the summer. Orientation programs begin Friday evening and continue Saturday and Sunday. Commuters are required to attend as well.
No registration is required for August orientation. You will follow a schedule designed specifically for your residence hall or commuters. Schedules are posted online here in mid to late August.
Remember, both the June and August orientation programs are mandatory!
What to Expect at June Orientation
When you check in you will get a schedule for the day and be placed in a peer group that is typically related to your major and living assignment. You will have an in-depth campus tour, receive information about living on campus or commuting, and meet with an academic advisor to review your schedule and have your questions answered. You will also learn about resources to help you be successful, network with other students, and find out how to get involved in your first year.
Example June Orientation Schedule
June Orientation FAQs
- Is Orientation Mandatory?
Yes! Orientation is important for your success at WCU, therefore all first-year students are required to attend both Orientation Part 1 in June and Part 2 in August.
- How do I register for Part 1 in June?
See the June Orientation Dates and Registration tab below.
- Why is there an Orientation Fee?
The $155 fee covers the costs of both the June and August programs. These costs include all staffing, materials, presenters, meals, social activities and student IDs. This fee does not appear on your University bill and is paid directly to New Student Programs. Payment plans are available. Contact New Student Programs at 610-436-3305 to inquire about a payment plan.
- How will I know which June Orientation I am attending?
We will send a confirmation with your orientation date to your WCU e-mail once your registration is complete.* Your registration is not complete until we receive both your online form and the orientation fee.
Remember to check your WCU e-mail often and visit the IT Help Desk to link your WCU e-mail to your smartphone.
*If you have not received a confirmation e-mail within 48 hours of paying your orientation fee by credit card or within two weeks of paying by check or money order, contact us at 610-436-3305 to inquire about your registration.
- Can my parents, family or other guests attend the June Orientation day with me?
Parents, family members, or other guests are welcome to attend the optional parent/family orientation program in June. Your family and guests attend a separate program and you will not be together during the day. There is no charge for the parent orientation, however lunch is not provided. Lunch tickets for Lawrence Dining Hall will be available for $8.00 at check-in. Parents and families do not attend Part 2 in August.
- How long will the Orientation day be? Do I have to stay the entire day?
Orientation is 7:30 a.m. to 2:45 p.m. Please keep this in mind when scheduling your orientation date as you must stay the entire day or you will be required to make up the orientation program.
- Can I change my Orientation session?
Changes can be made only if space permits, so please choose your date carefully when registering. To request a change, call New Student Programs at 610-436-3305 or e-mail email@example.com.
- What if I miss the day I registered for?
If you miss your scheduled day, contact New Student Programs at 610-436-3305 as soon as possible to reschedule. If you are unable to attend a later session in June, you must make up the missed orientation at a late session held in August.
- Does WCU offer overnight housing the day before our orientation program, or are there hotel accommodations in the area?
University Student Housing (USH) offers overnight accommodations in Commonwealth Hall the night before each orientation session. For more information visit the University Student Housing website, email USH at firstname.lastname@example.org, or call (610) 430-4USH. A list of area hotels can be found by clicking the Visitors tab on the University’s home page.
- Where do I park for Orientation?
See our campus map and parking instructions or click the parking icon on the New Student Programs homepage. Please do not park on the street or in University parking lots or spaces designated for faculty/staff as you will be ticketed and possibly towed. You are permitted to park in University lots and spaces designated as student parking. Street parking is controlled by the Borough of West Chester and is strictly enforced.
On the day of orientation, please do not follow parking instructions given by anyone other than WCU's parking services officers or orientation staff (identifiable by their purple orientation polos and name tags).
- Where does June Orientation take place?
Check in takes place in the lobby of Asplundh Concert Hall in Philips Memorial Building on the corner of South High Street and University Avenue (700 South High Street). View our Campus Map.
- I have been accepted to the Honors College, when do I attend Orientation?
The Honors College will contact you with information regarding the date they will require you to attend.
- What do I do if I or a family member need special accommodations?
Contact New Student Programs at 610-436-3305 as soon as possible to inform us of any special needs to allow us time to make necessary arrangements. Arrangements should be made at least two weeks prior to your scheduled orientation date.
- What if I have additional questions?
Contact us at 610-436-3305 or via e-mail at email@example.com.
June Orientation Dates and Registration
How to Register
Orientation registration opens in mid-April and closes in early June. Once registration opens, a link will be available in your MyWCU account. To register:
- Log into your MyWCU account, click on the Schedule an Orientation Session link in the Alerts section and complete the registration form.
- Pay the $155 orientation fee by credit card using the online payment option, or follow the instructions for paying by mail with a check or money order. This fee will not appear on your University bill and must be paid seperately.
- Once your form is complete and your fee is paid you will receive an e-mail with your assigned date in your WCU e-mail. Your space has not been reserved until your fee is paid and you receive this confirmation.
- If you have not received an email confirming your registration within 48 hours of making an online payment or within two weeks of mailing a check or money order, call 610-436-3305 to inquire about your registration.
The deadline for online registrations is Friday, June 3, 2016.
What to Expect at August Orientation
On Friday evening we will have educational programs, a picnic with University leadership, and social activities to help you meet other first-year students. Saturday and Sunday are filled with important information about academics, student life, and transitioning to college.
August Orientation FAQs
- What time does August orientation start and end?
August orientation starts Friday evening of move-in weekend. Programs are scheduled throughout the day on Saturday and Sunday.
- Am I required to attend August orientation?
Yes, attendance at August orientation programs is mandatory and attendance is taken.
- Do my parents attend August orientation with me?
No, August orientation is only for new first-year students.
- I'm a commuter student. Do I have to attend August orientation?
Yes, commuters will have a separate schedule that will outline what programs you have to attend.
- What if I miss August Orientation?
If you cannot attend the August program due to extenuating circumstances, you must contact the Office of New Student Programs at 610-436-3305 to make arrangements to meet with the Director of New Student Programs. Only the Director can authorize an excused absence.
- When will I get my student ID?
Resident students will receive their ID at move-in. Commuter students will receive their ID at the time noted on their schedule.
- When Is January Orientation?
- January Orientation is Friday, January 8, 2016.
- Check-in will be held at 8:45 a.m. in the lobby of Sykes Student Union, 110 W. Rosedale Avenue. Light refreshments will be served.
- The program runs through 2:00 p.m., with optional programs from 2:00 to 2:30 p.m.
- University offices are open until 4:30 p.m. so you can handle other University business after Orientation.
- The snow date for Orientation is Friday, January 15th.
- Information about inclement weather changes will be placed on our website and on our voicemail at 610-436-3305.
- What Can I Expect at Orientation?
- We will provide you with information about academics and student life, answer your questions, help you become familiar with WCU, and introduce you to other new students through small group discussions and activities.
- You will receive your WCU student ID (Ram e-Card).
- How Do I Register and Pay for Orientation?
- To register for January orientation, log onto your MyWCU account and choose the Schedule Your Orientation Session link located in the Alerts section. Instructions for setting up your MyWCU account were included in your Admissions acceptance packet.
- Read and follow the online instructions to complete the form and pay the $68.00 orientation fee.
- You will be able to pay online with a credit card or you may pay by check or money order.
- If you need a payment plan for the Orientation fee, please contact New Student Programs at 610-436-3305.
- Why Is There an Orientation Fee?
- The orientation fee covers all costs associated with the Orientation program including materials and staffing as well as students' meals and ID cards.
- Orientation registrations are not complete until the Orientation fee has been received.
- When Does Registration Begin and What is the Registration Deadline?
- Online orientation registration will begin in November. The registration link will appear in your MyWCU account when registration opens.. Your online registration form and orientation fee should be received no later than Monday, January 4, 2016.
- Does January Orientation Include Academic Advising and Scheduling?
- January Orientation DOES NOT include academic advising or scheduling.
- Contact your major department as soon as possible to make an appointment and finalize your course schedule (undeclared students must schedule an appointment with Pre-Major advising). A list of departments and phone numbers was included in your Admissions acceptance packet.
- Please note that University offices are closed from December 25 through January 1.
- Can Parents, Family Members or Other Guests Attend Orientation?
- Yes, a special program for parents, family members and guests is scheduled during January Orientation.
- There is no charge for this program, although lunch is not provided.
- Parents, family members and guests can purchase a lunch ticket at check-in. Lunch tickets will be $8.00 per person. Student lunches are included in their orientation fee.
- To assist us in planning, please complete the parent section of the online registration form. In addition, please complete a Parent/Guardian Information Sheet.
- Where Do I Park?
- Please park in any student space behind Sykes Student Union.
- Do not park in faculty/staff spaces as you may be ticketed or towed.
- Alternate parking can be found in M lot near the Swope Music Building.
- Street parking is controlled by the Borough of West Chester and is strictly enforced.
- Some metered parking is available on Rosedale Avenue. Meters have a 3-hour time limit.
- Click on the parking icon on the New Student Programs home page for a campus map and parking instructions.
Student Success Opportunities and Helpful Links