Summon - OneSearch at WCU Libraries
- October 2015: Current bugs:
- Using Date limiter AND Content Type=Newspapers causes Date limiter to disappear.
Workaround select an additional Content Type with few results - e.g. Poem, Report - and Date limiter shows again.
- Saved results folder: items disappear when Citation Format is selected. Only happens when items are not all of the same content type.
Workaround: Save items of one content type per folder; then empty & repeat with another folder - or save to Flow (will need to create a free account).
- July 2015: Permalinks are now available for search results, enabling better sharing and linking.
- March 10, 2015: Books, DVDs, and other physical items at WCU Libraries now show up with the location information, such as "Presser Music Library Stacks: Books," "Main Collection, 3rd floor," etc.
- February 27, 2015 :
ebrary books are now available as "Full Text Online" books in OneSearch. EBSCO ebooks are still only available via the "Check Availability" link that goes to the PILOT Library Catalog and then to the full text online.
Questions? Comments? Confusions? Please let us know - we're here
for you! Contact a Reference Librarian or just send us your ideas and feedback!
What is included in OneSearch?
- records from the PILOT Library Catalog for print and other resources (NOTE: Records are updated periodically; for new items PILOT) should be preferred.)
- journal, newspaper and magazine articles and citations from the libraries’ database and e-journal collections.
- Entries from online book collections such as Credo and Blackwell Reference Online
- Online music and video from Alexander Street Press, Naxos Music Library and other library databases
- Open access resources in the public domain from the HathiTrust Digital Library.
Frustrated by too many results or not finding what you need?
Many databases have their own specialized searching so it may be more effective to go directly to the subject-specific database. See the Databases tab on the Libraries’ homepage