Alumni - West Chester University
West Chester University
TIPS ON HOW TO CONSERVE ENERGY IN THE OFFICE
- Use a printer that can print double-sided documents. When making copies, use double-sided copying.
- Review documents on the screen instead of printing a draft.
- Consider purchasing an ink jet printer instead of a laser printer. Although they are a little slower, they use 80-90 percent less energy.
- Turn the computer off overnight and on weekends.
- Turn off your monitor when you go to lunch or to a meeting
- Wait until you are ready to use the PC before turning it on.
- Do not turn on the printer until ready to print, even an idle printer consumes energy.
- Connect PCs, monitors, fax machines and computer "peripherals" to one power strip, and then turn off that power strip when not in use and every night.
- Turn the lights off in rooms when not in use.
- Double Sided Printing