Locating Your Xbox 360 MAC & IP Address
Here are the steps to get the MAC address for your Xbox 360. These are the numbers you must enter for the MAC field on the registration form.
- Go to the System area of the Xbox Dashboard and select Network Settings.
- Select Edit Settings.
- Under Basic Settings, make sure the IP Settings is set to Automatic. This will allow an IP address be assigned to your X-Box. The first two numbers will ne 10.27. Make a note of the last two numbers and enter them into the two fields for the X-Box IP address on the registration form.
- Go to Additional Settings & select Advanced Settings.
- Under the heading called Wired MAC Address, you will see the MAC address (12 digits long). That is what you will enter into the X-Box MAC field on the registration form.
Testing your Xbox Live Connection
- After you have registered your Xbox 360 with ResNet you can test your Xbox Live Connection. Go to the System area of the Xbox Dashboard and select Network Settings. From this menu then select Test Xbox Live Connection.
- The next screen will warn you that testing your network connection will sign everyone out. Select "Yes".
- One by one each connection will be tested and verified as "Confirmed, Connected or Open."
To begin using your Xbox Live connection, Go to the Xbox Live area of the Xbox Dashboard and select the graphic that reads Xbox Live.
If you run into any problems please report it using the Trax system. This opens a new window.