The purpose of the OSSD Proctoring Center is to support faculty with providing testing accommodations for students with disabilities. It is preferable that faculty provide testing accommodations; however, this is not always possible due to scheduling conflicts and other issues.
FALL 2014 Proctoring Center Hours
Monday...............8:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m.
Tuesday...............1:00 p.m. to 5:00 p.m.
Wednesday...............9:00 a.m. to 3:00 p.m.
Thursday...............8:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m.
Friday...............8:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m.
- Students must arrive for their scheduled exam on the date and time stated in the confirmation email. The end time of the exam is fixed and will not be adjusted for tardiness. If a student is more than 20 minutes late, the exam will not be administered without written authorization from the instructor.
- Exams must be administered on the day and time specified by the professor. Written authorization to take the exam at a later date and/or time from an instructor is the only way to reschedule an exam. OSSD cannot determine the rescheduling of exams.
- Once a student begins an exam, he/she must complete the exam within the predetermined time frame without leaving the room.
- West Chester University’s Code of Conduct is in effect at OSSD. OSSD staff reserves the right to monitor student activity at all times during test administration.
- Food and drink must be examined by OSSD staff and is not allowed near electronic equipment.
- All personal items must be checked in by OSSD staff prior to the start of the exam. Electronic devices must be turned off. Staff will monitor these items during the examination period. Complete security is not guaranteed.
- Only students registered with the OSSD and who have signed the Test Proctoring Agreement may use the Proctoring Center.
- A student will initiate the scheduling process by submitting a request online at http://www.wcupa.edu/USSSS/OSSD/ProctoringForm/StudentRequestLogin.aspx at least one week in advance. The student must specifically request any assistive services and/or technology needed to complete the exam. The student’s request will be forwarded to his/her professor.
- The professor will complete the online form at http://wcupa.edu/USSSS/OSSD/ProctoringForm/FacultyLogin.aspx.
- Once the online form is complete, confirmation emails will be sent to the student, professor, and OSSD staff.
- If you do not receive a confirmation email within 24 hours of submitting the initial request, then you should email your professor and cc: firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Schedule exams as soon as possible. If you have all your exam dates, ask your professor to schedule all your exams for the entire semester.
- If you or your professor has any questions, you may contact us at OSSD@wcupa.edu