Special Education M.Ed. Program
West Chester University
The Master's of Education in Special Education program leads to an M.Ed. in Special Education. It does not lead to Pennsylvania Department of Education teaching certification.
- Professional Education Courses – 6 Credits
Students, under advisement of the graduate coordinator, will select either
- EDF 500 - Methods and Materials of Research in Education or
- EDF 501 - Research Methods for Teachers
and take one other 3 credit course from the following:
- EDF 510 - Educational Foundations
- EDP 550 – Advanced Educational Psychology
- EDT 500 – Orientation to Instructional Media
- Special Education Core – 15 Credits
- EDA503 – Family Systems in Special Education
- EDA506– Legal Issues in Special Education
- EDA 544 – Behavior Management
- EDA 580 – Contemporary Issues and Trends
- EDA 591 – Final Project (3 credits)
- Areas of Concentration – 12 Credits
Students will select one area of concentration from the list below. Students will complete 4 courses (12 credits) in this area of concentration.
- Educational Technology
- Leadership for Women*
- Special Education (High or Low Incidence)
- UDL/AT (online)*
*This Area of Concentration has an optional certificate program. Certificate programs may require special admission and additional coursework for certificate completion. Contact the host department for details.
- Apply online at http://www.wcupa.edu/grad. If you need assistance call the Graduate Office, (610) 436-2943
- Arrange to have one (1) complete undergraduate transcript and proof of a baccalaureate degree sent to the Graduate Office. The transcript should include the cumulative grade point average of all undergraduate work.
- If GPA is below the required university GPA of 3.0, student must submit satisfactory GRE or MAT scores at the 50th percentile.
- Admission interview (only if deemed necessary
For more information please contact Dr. S. Christy Hicks, email@example.com