Department of Mathematics
West Chester University
Office: UNA 172
- B.S. University of Bucharest
- M.S. University of Bucharest
- Ph.D. Pennsylvania State University
- dynamical systems, rigidity of smooth group actions, ergodic theory
- extremal algebras
- operator algebras
- August 2010 - present: Professor, West Chester University, West Chester
- August 2006 - August 2010: Associate Professor, West Chester University, West Chester
- August 2006 - December 2006: Visiting Associate Professor, Pennsylvania State University, University Park
- August 2001 - August 2006: Assistant Professor, West Chester University, West Chester
- August 1998 - August 2001: Visiting Assistant Professor, University of Notre Dame, South Bend
- August 1997 - August 1998: Postdoctoral Fellow, Pennsylvania State University, University Park
- August 1995 - August 1997: Visiting Assistant Professor, Indiana University, Bloomington
- August 1990 - August 1995: Teaching Assistant, Pennsylvania State University, University Park
- (with D. Ehrmann, Z. Higgins) The geometric structure of max-plus hemispaces, Linear Algebra and its Applications, 489 (2016) pp. 144-166
- Every tiling of the first quadrant by L n-ominoes follows the rectangular pattern, Open Journal of Discrete Mathematics, 5 (2015) 11-25.
- (with K. Lui, S. Venkatesh), The semigroup problem for central semidirect product of R^n with R^m, Topology Proceedings 45 (2015) 9—29.
- (with S. Sergeev), The tropical dimension of max-min convex sets, Fuzzy Sets and Systems 271 (2015) 81—101.
- (with A. Torok), Stable transitivity of Heisenberg group extensions of hyperbolic systems, Nonlinearity 27 (2014) 661–-683.
- About the semigroup problem, 48-th Spring Topology and Dynamics Conference, University of Richmond, Richmond Virginia, March 2014
Open transitivity for Heisenberg group extensions, American Mathematical Society, Spring Central Sectional Meeting, Texas Tech University, Lubbock, TX, April 2014
Stable transitivity of Heisenberg group extensions of hyperbolic systems, Recent Progress in Dynamical Systems and Related Topics, Banff International Research Station for Mathematical Innovation and Discovery (BIRS), Canada, August 2014