Time of Application:
- Senior year of high school.
Standards of the Program:
- Minimum total SAT score (critical reading and math) of 1250
- Top 10% of high school class
- High school course requirements – 4 years of Math and English, 1 year of Biology, 1 year of Chemistry, and 1 year of Physics.
- Documented health care experience and an expressed interest in primary care medicine.
- Admission to WCU Pre-Medical Program – includes submission of an Admissions application, transcript(s), PCOM supplemental application, two letters of recommendation from high school faculty and scheduling of an interview at WCU. The deadline for completion of these items is December 1st.
- Scores of 9 in the three numerically-scaled sections of the MCAT exam.
The WCU Pre-Medical office will forward your application materials to PCOM for further review. An interview will take place in your senior year at PCOM Medical School if you are selected. As a matriculant in this program who maintains its standards, you are assured admission to PCOM for medical school upon completion of your degree at WCU.
- Interview at PCOM at time of application to WCU.
- MCAT exam at end of junior year.
- File an AACOMAS medical school application to PCOM the summer after junior year.
- Admission to PCOM upon completion of senior year at WCU.