COLLEGE OF ARTS AND SCIENCES
- M.A. Communication Studies
- Complete an admission application online
- No single requirement will preclude a student from gaining admission.
- Undergraduate cumulative GPA should be at least 3.0 (Students with less than a 3.0 may be reviewed for provisional admission at the department's discretion).
- Undergraduate major preparation. Students in majors other than Communications or its related areas would be advised as to possible Communication Studies remedial undergraduate coursework.
- All candidates must have had courses or experience: public speaking, communication theory, and communications (or related) research.
- Students with an undergraduate GPA of a 3.5 or higher are exempt from taking the GRE Test.
- Writing sample of work submitted by the student in response to past assignments, job activity, or creative endeavors.
- Two letters of recommendation
- One official transcript from every undergraduate institute attended.
- A goals statement written on the topic "How Does Communication Knowledge Bridge My Past Experience with My Future Plans?"
- Three additional items may be used to support an application for admission:
- Interview with the department
- Work experience that indicates communication skill
- Extra or co-curricular activities
OTHER IMPORTANT INFORMATION
- Courses in Communication Studies provide students with an understanding of and experience in human message-making exchanges. Cognizant of its roots in oral rhetoric, the Department expects each student to develop effective presentational ability. Most areas of study are directly applicable to influence systems, interpersonal and public relationships, opinion-making, cultural awareness, mass communication, conflict resolution, and career settings.
CONTACT FOR MORE INFORMATION