COLLEGE OF ARTS AND SCIENCES
- The Master of Science is intended for those who have a Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or related field.
- Applicants for the Master of Science program in Computer Science must satisfy the graduate admission requirements of the University. Further, applicants should (ideally) possess an undergraduate degree in computer science or an equivalent degree.
- An applicant who does not have an undergraduate degree in computer science or the equivalent may, however, apply for admission to a Certificate Degree.
- Graduate Record Examinations (GREs) must be taken no more than five years prior to the application.
- Students with an earned Master's degree with be exempt from the GRE
- Non-native speakers must have TOEFL scores of 550 (213 Computer-based exam or 80 Internet).
- Applicants must submit the following materials to the office of Graduate Studies and Extended Education:
- A completed graduate application including goals statement
- Official academic transcript(s) from all colleges and universities attended
- Graduate Record Examination (GRE) scores
- Two letters of recommendation
- TOEFL scores (non-native speakers only)
OTHER IMPORTANT INFORMATION
- The Master's curriculum is designed with these goals in mind:
- The core courses provide a solid foundation in the fundamental principles of computer science.
- The 500-level electives give exposure to a variety of Computer Science subject areas.
- The 600-level advanced courses give exposure to research topics of current interest and provide in-depth knowledge.
CONTACT FOR MORE INFORMATION