COLLEGE OF ARTS AND SCIENCES
- M.A. Philosophy (Concentration: Applied Ethics)
- M.A. Philosophy
- Applicants should submit the materials listed below to the Office of Graduate Studies. Those seeking admission to the certificate programs are exempt from the "12 semester hours of undergraduate philosophy" listed below.
- Complete graduate application form
- Include a goals statement
- Send all official academic transcripts from all colleges and universities attended.
- A bachelor's degree and a minimum of 12 semester hours of undergraduate philosophy, including courses in history of ancient philosophy, history of modern philosophy, ethics and logic.
- Two letters of recommendation
- Writing sample or GRE score
OTHER IMPORTANT INFORMATION
- The M.A. in philosophy or philosophy: applied ethics requires a minimum of 30 credits.
- The traditional track leading to the Master of Arts in philosophy allows students to deepen their knowledge of the history of philosophy, major philosophers, and major philosophical disciplines such as metaphysics, epistemology, ethics, and aesthetics.
- The applied ethics track leading to the Master of Arts in philosophy - applied ethics offers training in the theoretical justification and practical application of moral reasoning. Students pursuing this degree may choose to concentrate their courses in business ethics, health care ethics, or a combination of both.
CONTACT FOR MORE INFORMATION
PHILOSOPHY WEB SITE