West Chester University
201 Carter Drive, Suite 200
West Chester, PA 19383
Environmentally Preferred Purchasing (EPP) is the procurement of goods and services that have a lesser or reduced impact on human health and the environment as compared to other goods and services serving the same purpose.
By implementing an Environmentally Preferred Purchasing Program, West Chester University can:
• reduce pollution and conserve resources, including water and energy.
• improve its environmental footprint on our local community, as well as the global community.
• reduce costs by optimizing the supply chain, avoiding waste and conserving resources.
• reduce the amount of toxic substances disposed or consumed.
• lesson the impact to public health.
In the end the choices we make affect our local environment, our health and the global community. Small steps today can have a large impact tomorrow.