FEBRUARY 15th is the priority deadline for the FAFSA for the next academic year (Fall/Spring). Our federal code is 003328.
Every year: APPLY, RECEIVE, REVIEW, ACCEPT, SECURE!
- APPLY for aid by completing the FAFSA online at www.fafsa.gov
- RECEIVE your Financial Aid Award Notification (FAN)
- REVIEW your FAN and Financial Aid Alerts on myWCU
- ACCEPT (or decline/reduce) your Direct Loans online on myWCU at my.wcupa.edu
- Secure your loans by completing your online Entrance Counseling AND Master Promissory Note at www.studentloans.gov (1st time borrowers ONLY)
- Secure additional financing (if needed)
- Direct Parent PLUS Loan at www.studentloans.gov
- Private Education Loan (Google search, shop around)
- Utilize the payment plan offered by the Bursar’s Office.
- Secure your enrollment once you are billed by the Bursar’s office. “CONFIRM ATTENDANCE” on your myWCU to avoid cancellation.
- If your total amount due is “$0”- “CONFIRM ATTENDANCE” online using myWCU
- If you owe a balance with the bursar, paying your bill will “CONFIRM ATTENDANCE”.
- If you are having trouble confirming attendance on myWCU please call the Bursar’s office at: (610) 436-2552.
When applying, keep in mind:
- Don't wait to be accepted by the college/university to submit the FAFSA.
- The school you list as your 1st choice will be used to determine your PA State Grant.
- You will automatically be considered for Federal Student Loans.
- You must apply separately for the Federal Work Study Program.
Complete and sign your FAFSA.
- If you were previously using a PIN to sign your FAFSA, you will now need to apply for an FSA ID and password.
- You will be prompted to create a new FSA ID at any of the following sites:
- Keep this information in a secure site and do not share with anyone.
- If you ACCEPT a Federal Student Loan as part of your aid package you will use the FSA ID to sign your Master Promissory Note (MPN).
Use the IRS Data Retrieval Tool when completing your FAFSA, if you can.
- It is important to use accurate information, which helps simplify the verification process.
- Families able to utilize the "IRS Data Retrieval Tool" may be exempted from having to provide an IRS Tax Return Transcript.
- If you need a IRS Tax Return Transcript - Obtaining one by using this link.
Your FAFSA will be imported into WCU's database.
- You must have a valid FAFSA to be processed.
- You must have an ACCEPTED Admissions record to be offered financial aid.
- Packaging for "New" Students begins in March.
- Packaging for Returning Student begins after spring grades have been processed and SAP has been determined.
Financial aid packages are generated for eligible students.
- Packaging is the assembling of financial resources, using data on the FAFSA along with information we receive from external sources.
- New students are packaged in March and returning students after grades are processed.
- The aid in your package is "Tentative" until it has been confirmed that you meet the eligibility requirements governing those funds.
- Federal Verification and State Validation, along with other factors, may change your aid package.
- Monitor your records via myWCU on a regular basis.
Non-traditional Enrollment Cycles
- Prospective Students
- Current Students