Off Campus & Commuter Services
West Chester University
Suggestions for Commuters
- Leave early. Allow plenty of time for traffic, parking, and weather.
- Always plan an alternate route in case of road closings, and/or heavy traffic.
- Keep emergency supplies (a jack, spare tire, jumper cables, etc) in your car at all times.
- Make sure your car is always in proper working order; get frequent tune-ups.
- Look into alternative transportation such as carpools, buses, or trains.
- Call your professors if you should get stranded or snowbound and are unable to make it to class. If your professors are not in, leave a message and contact via email or the department secretary so they know that you did try to reach them at the office in a timely manner.
- If you are stranded on-campus, de-icer and other quick fixes can be found at Sykes Information Desk. If the problem is more serious, call Public Safety at 610-436-3311. If you are unable to drive home because of bad weather, contact Sykes Student Union, where the Off Campus Services program is located.
- Consider planning your class schedule to avoid high traffic and parking times.
- Even if you can park at North Campus, you may find that parking at South Campus actually saves time; no endless laps of full North Campus meters and/or lots.
- Drive safely and buckle up!