The special event staff is responsible for:
- Providing assistance at all Sykes After Dark events.
- Providing assistance at other special events, including dances, parties, concerts, speakers, and other
student activities conducting a pre and post event walk through, scanning ids, wristbanding, and
other duties as assigned.
- Assisting public safety by detecting and reporting alcohol, weapons, drugs and other contraband.
- Acting as a calming influence and presence in regards to crowd control in a disrupting situation.
- Knowing and enforcing special event policies as outlined in the Program Planning Guide.
Overall reporting is to the Assistant Director of Sykes Union.
Additional reporting will be to the graduate assistant for Sykes After Dark, Public Safety, or any
professional facility administrator assigned to an event.
Please answer the following questions