In support of the University and Department Missions, the MPA program provides public, nonprofit and private sector employers with leaders, managers and analysts who are able:
- To lead and manage in public governance
- To participate in and contribute to the public policy process
- To analyze synthesize, think critically, solve problems and make decisions
- To articulate and apply a public service perspective
- To communicate and interact productively with a diverse and changing work force and citizenry
- To asses and evaluate multiple sources of information in order to analyze public problems and proposes evidence-based solutions.