Nonfiction in the Writing/Reading Classroom, K - 8
October 2, 3, 4 and November 6, 7
Fridays, 4:45 - 8:15 p.m.
Saturdays and Sunday, 8:00 a.m. - 3:00 p.m.
October 7, 14, 28, November 4 and 18
4:45 - 8:15 p.m.
Location: PAWLP Classroom, 210 E. Rosedale Avenue, West Chester
Participants will explore how to:
- Choose quality nonfiction for your classroom libraries
- Integrate reading skills and strategies instruction in the content areas
- Explore authentic purposes for writing nonfiction
- Identify nonfiction models for research and writing
- Develop vocabulary for all students including ESL and at-risk readers and writers
- Use nonfiction in literature circles
- Activate reading strategies for reading nonfiction
- Scaffold nonfiction reading experiences
If you are not enrolled in the Master's degree program at WCU,
click here to learn how to register as a non-degree student