Nonfiction in the Writing/Reading Classroom, K - 8
Two weekends: September 13 - 16 and December 6 - 8
Fridays, 6:00 - 9:00 p.m.
Saturdays/Sundays, 8:00 a.m. - 4:30 p.m.
Location: PAWLP Classroom, 210 E. Rosedale Avenue, West Chester
Participants will explore how to:
- Choose quality nonfiction for your classroom libraries
- Integrate reading skills and strategies instruction in the content areas
- Explore authentic purposes for writing nonfiction
- Identify nonfiction models for research and writing
- Develop vocabulary for all students including ESL and at-risk readers and writers
- Use nonfiction in literature circles
- Activate reading strategies for reading nonfiction
- Scaffold nonfiction reading experiences