Office of the Provost &
Vice President for Academic Affairs
West Chester University
- We will focus on what is core to our mission – educating students.
- We will do what is right for the long-term health of the institution, even if it necessitates some uncomfortable change.
- We will make decisions guided by a commitment to quality and reputation so that we maintain our forward momentum.
- We will start from the premise that “everything is on the table.”
- We will engage in an open, transparent process, with those impacted by the decisions informed and engaged through each step
- We will make decisions based on based on qualitative and quantitative measures (decisions will not be based solely on what generates a “profit”, qualitative information will also be considered).
- We will continually monitor the state and PASSHE budget processes and decisions so as to inform our process and decisions.
- We will make decisions to address the current situation and best position us for the future.
- We must comply with legal, policy and contractual obligations.
- We must adhere to a timeline.
- We must maintain our enrollment.
- We must develop new and maximize current activities that generate net revenue.