- M.M. (Concentrations: History and Literature, Theory and Composition)
- Students must have earned a bachelor's degree from an accredited college or university in the United States.
- Applicants must complete an online application that is found on the Office of Graduate Studies website.
- Send transcripts from all institutions attended directly to the Office of Graduate Studies.
- Send two letters of recommendation.
- Submit a written statement of professional goals.
- Submit a 8-15 page sample of prose writing on a musical subject (research analytical paper) to the Music History Coordinator, Dr. Julian Onderdonk (firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Admission interview with graduate coordinator and department chair.
- Take the School of Music Graduate Admission Test (GAT).
Other Important Information
- All degree requirements must be completed within six years. A single one-year extension may be granted for cause.
- Candidates must demonstrate sufficient pianistic ability, sight singing, and aural perception to meet demands of program.
- Prospective Students
- Current Students