Each semester employers come to campus to interview students for a variety of positions; these include full-time jobs for graduating students as well as internships. Employment interviews begin as early as the first of October and typically continue through April. Follow these simple steps and you will be on your way to securing a job or internship. Good Luck!
- Create a College Central Network account or log in to your existing account. Click on the logo to get started - creating an account only takes a few minutes!
- Upload a resume. When you first upload a resume, its status will be "Pending" and it will be automatically critiqued by career center staff (it takes 1-2 business days for the resume review). You will either receive an email with feedback for recommended changes or your resume will be approved.
If we recommend changes, you will need to edit and reupload your resume for another review; this is to ensure you are developing the most competitive resume that best represents what you have to offer an employer. Once approved, you will be able to submit your resume to apply to job and internship postings.
TIP: Get your resume approved as soon as possible! Do not wait until you see an interesting posting online, you might not have enough time to get your resume approved for posting (there is a 1-2 business day turnaround time for critiques).
- Log-into your College Central account and click on "Search Jobs/Opportunities Posted to My School," then select "On-Campus Interview Jobs." This search will generate a list of all jobs and internships posted by employers who will be conducting their interviews on campus. Every on-campus interview job has a resume submission deadline of 7 business days before the interview date.
TIP: Don't be too selective with your search criteria initially. We suggest you select "Job Type" at the bottom and take a moment to look at all the employers coming on campus for interviews.
- In the resulting list of on-campus interviewing jobs, click on the Job ID to see a detailed description of the position, which will include all application instructions. If you are SURE that you want to submit your resume for that posting, click "SUBMIT to POSTING" at the bottom of the screen; this will automatically submit your resume to the employer for consideration.
TIP: Be sure to pay attention to the Resume Submission Deadline. That is the last day that employer will accept resumes from students
- Once the Submission Deadline passes, employers review resume submissions within 24-48 hours and select students they want to interview.
If you are selected for an interview, you will be notified via an email from firstname.lastname@example.org and a message at the top of your College Central Network account home page. Click on the link provided in the message to access to the open slots on the employer interview schedule and you can select your interview time. If you have conflicts and none of the available interview times work with your schedule, call the career center at 610-436-2501 to discuss possible options.
TIP: Be sure to check out the Preparing for Interviews section of our website; practice and preparation is key to a successful interview. Employers report that students who demonstrate the most knowledge about their organization often make the best impression.
Review the Policies for on-campus interviews, which explain the consequences of being late or failing to show up for an interview; it is your responsibility to be familiar with the expectations and policies related to your on-camups interview.
If you have any questions about this process, please contact Preeti Singh, Associate Director, at the Career Development Center. We will be happy to assist you with your interview!