Student Health Services

West Chester University

Commonwealth Hall, Ground Floor
Mailing Address:
Student Health Services
715 S. New Street
West Chester, PA 19383

If there is a medical emergency...

If there is a medical emergency...

  • Call for help right away!! All Public Safety Officers are first aid and CPR certified.
  • Make sure someone stays with the injured/sick person - especially if the victim is drunk, high, or otherwise impaired.
  • Do not move an injured person or administer any medications unless directed to by a medical professional.
  • Err on the side of caution - call for help even if you're not sure you'll need an ambulance or paramedic. They won't be mad. Better safe than sorry!

Call Public Safety for help
610-436-3311 or 911

Is it alcohol poisoning? If a person who has been drinking is:

  • Passed out/difficult to wake up
  • Vomiting (turn them on their side to prevent choking)
  • Breathing slowly (< 12 breaths / minute) or irregularly
  • Has blue lips or nails / clammy or cold skin

Do the right thing - CALL 911 immediately.

DO NOT leave the person alone - they may stop breathing or choke to death.