FAQ's and Resources

Student Health Services



If I come in for STI testing, will my parents find out?

No, your medical information is confidential and cannot be released to others without your permission.

I would like to get birth control. Can I get it from the Student Health Center?

Yes, you can get birth control from the Student Health Center. To find out how to get it, click here.

I have my own gynecologist but would like to receive my birth control pills from WCU. How can I do that?

If you've had an annual gynecological exam within the last year, you must first have the results submitted to the Health Center. You will then have a consultation (a $10 fee) with the nurse practitioner about the record and what kind of birth control is appropriate. If it has been over a year, a current gynecological exam is needed. Gynecological exams are available at the Health Center.

If you are are under 21, a pap smear is not needed, but you may still need to get a gynecological exam. If you are 21 or over, a Pap smear and annual gynecological exam are needed.




On Campus:

Student Health and Wellness Center

2nd Floor Wayne Hall




Centers for Disease Control

Planned Parenthood Federation of America: Sexually Transmitted Infections

Go Ask Alice!: Sexual Health (A service of Columbia University's Student Health Services)

American Social Health Association: Facts and Answers about STI's


Free rapid HIV testing is available at:

Philadelphia Department of Health

Broad and Lombard Sts.

Philadelphia, Pa


Mazzoni Center (By Appointment Only)

1201 Chestnut Street, 3rd floor

Philadelphia, Pa



1217 Spring Garden Street 1st Floor

Philadelphia, Pa



Smarter Sex Tool Kit - Digital copy of the smarter sex tool kit available in the Wellness Center.