The Student Health Center offers the Tuberculosis (TB) Screening Test to determine exposure to tuberculosis.
TB screening tests are required for:
- International Students: students who are from countries where TB disease is very common (most countries in Latin America and the Caribbean, Africa, Asia, Eastern Europe, and Russia), and have entered the United States within the 5 years prior to University entrance. TB screening must be done within 6 months prior to the start of classes.
- Student Teachers: prior to starting student teaching experience. Click here for a form.
- Nursing students prior to beginning clinical experiences (2-step process currently required: Initial TB test is followed by a second TB test within 1 to 3 weeks). Click here for a form.
- For more information about TB from the CDC.
- TB Skin Tests are contraindicated (not recommended) if you:are currently ill, have had a prior positive test, have been treated for TB or a positive skin test.
- All students who receive a TB test or an immunization must remain in the health center for 15 minutes for observation.
Tuberculosis testing requirements may vary within various University departments.
Contact the Department representative for specific information.