Campus Facilities: Usage and Reservation Policy
The Sykes Student Union Office, in 116 Sykes, is the starting point for all student organizations that plan to use University facilities for any of their group's activities, meetings, programs, or special events.
The following is an outline of the procedures for all space reservations:
- Students looking to create an R25 username must go to http://www.wcupa.edu/roomreservations/ and watch two Prezi slideshows. Afterward, there will be a quiz on the policies and procedures of reserving space on campus that were covered in the slideshows. If the student scored highly enough, a username and password will be e-mailed with directions on how to reserve space. Students are required to use the R25 Webviewer to reserve space on campus. R25 is located at http://sykesevents.wcupa.edu.
- Once the reservation is submitted, the Sykes Union Office or the Office of Space Management will check campus space availability. If the space is available, a tentative reservation will be made. Space confirmations will be made via e-mail, generally within 48 hours. Reservations are confirmed on a space-available/program requirement basis, not first come, first served. Groups may not receive the specific space that was requested. Space reservations for standard meetings, not special events or programs, are limited to two hours per occurence.
- Depending on the specifics of your activity (i.e., location, support services, Public Safety coverage, and costs), you and your adviser may need to meet with the administrative staff of Sykes Union for further consultation. Policies relating specifically to your program will be discussed at this time.
- Access to facilities outside of Sykes requires the approval of other University officials. All space requests must be made through the R25 Webviewer and are tentative until the requestor receives a confirmation.
- A list of building administrators is available within the "Advertising Policy" section of the "Ram's Eye View Student Handbook". Groups not adhering to this policy may be prohibited from using space on campus.
- Student organizations are expected to be aware of and adhere to all University policies while using campus facilities. A copy of a comprehensive program planning guide with all policies and procedures regulating students programs is available at http://www.wcupa.edu/)services/stu.syk/documents/programplanningguide.pdf.
Detailed policy information may be found on the Sykes Union website, http://www.wcupa.edu/_services/stu.syk/.