Campus Facilities: Usage and Reservation Policy
The Sykes Student Union Office, in 116 Sykes, is the starting point for all student organizations that plan to use University facilities for any of their group's activities, meetings, programs, or special events.
The following is an outline of the procedures for all space reservations:
- Students are required to use the R25 Webviewer to reserve space on campus. R25 is located at http://sykesevents.wcupa.edu.
- Once the reservation is submitted, the Sykes Union Office will check campus space availability. If the space is available, a tentative reservation will be made. Space confirmations will be made via e-mail. Reservations are confirmed on a space-available/program requirement basis, not first come, first served.
- Depending on the specifics of your activity (i.e., location, support services, Public Safety coverage, and costs), you and your adviser may need to meet with the administrative staff of Sykes Union for further consultation. Policies relating specifically to your program will be discussed at this time.
- Access to facilities outside of Sykes requires the approval of other University officials. All space requests must be made through the R25 Webviewer.
- No food will be allowed in any building without the approval of the building administrator. A list of building administrators is available within the "Advertising Policy" section of the "Ram's Eye View Student Handbook". Groups not adhering to this policy may be prohibited from using space on campus.
- Student organizations are expected to be aware of and adhere to all University policies while using campus facilities. A copy of a comprehensive program planning guide with all policies and procedures regulating students programs is available by contacting the director of Sykes Union.
Detailed policy information may be found on the Sykes Union Web site, http://www.wcupa.edu/_services/stu.syk/.