Roommate Matching Overview
These are the steps you must follow in order to select your roommate and to continue to be eligible for housing.
- You must pay your $400 admission/housing deposit by the deadline stated in your admissions offer packet.
- You must have a complete on-line Housing Application.
- Students whose applications are not processed before May 12 will still be eligible to choose a roommate. An e-mail will be sent to students as they become eligible. This will be done on a rolling basis through early June 30.
- This process applies to the Traditional residence halls only. Questions regarding roommate assignments for Allegheny and Brandywine Halls can be referred to: email@example.com,
The Roommate Matching period is May 12-June 30, 2015.
Once these conditions are met, you have four options for selecting your roommate:
- If you would like to room with another incoming first-year student that you already know, you may each choose each other through our MyHousing site. This is available through MyWCU. Additional directions are available at: “Roommate Matching – MyHousing” HERE
- If you would like to room with a current WCU student who already has a traditional hall assignment, you may send your request via e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org, and we will match you with the returning student’s request. Please include both you and your requested roommate’s first and last names and their WCU ID number.
- You can use our RoomSync program to choose your roommate. This service will allow you to build your profile, browse through other student profiles, and communicate with potential roommates. More information is available at "Roommate Matching – RoomSync" HERE
- You can do nothing, and we will randomly assign you. The only characteristics used when matching roommates are attempting to match first-year students with other first-year students, plus we ensure smoking compatibility. (Note: Students who do not report if they are a smoker or non-smoker accurately are subject to administrative reassignment.) Please see the MyHousing instructions above for changing your smoking status on-line.
Roommate Matching ends on June 30, 2015 at 11:59 pm.
Note: We know this is an exciting part of your preparation for college, and we want this to be a positive experience for everyone. Please note that the Office of Residence Life and Housing Services strives to provide residents with a safe and comfortable living-learning community that values the virtues of intellectual honesty, mutual respect, ethical decision making, civic and social responsibility, civility and appreciation for diversity. As such, we will not make or assist in making roommate decisions that are discriminatory against any group.