Benefits for eligible employees and their dependents begin on the first official day of employment and end on the last day of employment.
Who is eligible for medical/supplemental benefits through West Chester University?
- Permanent full-time employees and their eligible dependents
- Permanent part-time employees who work at least 18.75 hours per week and their eligible dependents
- Temporary faculty eligibility is complex but generally requires two consecutive semesters of teaching at least 50% (6 credits). For specific information on temporary faculty benefits eligibility please contact Diane Copenhaver in the HR office.
Note: The information above should not be considered as a guarantee of benefits eligibility. Eligibility is subject to change and should be confirmed with the Human Resources office.
MEDICAL PLAN INFORMATION
Medical Plan Comparison
Medical Plan Rates
Medical Plan Options:
- Preferred Provider Organization (PPO)
SUPPLEMENTAL PLAN INFORMATION
- Prescription coverage for all three plans (PPO, HMO, and Indemnity Plan) is the same and is administered by Highmark Blue Shield/Medco.
- HMO plan participants will receive a separate card for prescription benefits. PPO and Indemnity plan participants will only receive one card which can be used for both.
- Summary of Benefits
- Medicare Creditable Coverage Notice
Dental, Vision, & Hearing Coverage:
- These plans are administered by the APSCUF Health & Welfare Fund. For more information on these and other benefits available through APSCUF please visit the Health & Welfare Fund website at www.pafac.com or contact Marie Cavacini in the APSCUF office at 610-436-1064.