The IT Help Desk is the primary point of contact for computer related inquiries and problems, as well as the liaison between the campus community and the Client Services' technical personnel. IT Help Desk analysts will make every attempt to answer questions or to resolve computing problems directly. Any problems that the IT Help Desk is unable to resolve will be forwarded on to the appropriate technical personnel to ensure a timely resolution.
Tips On How To Conserve Energy In The Office
- Use a printer that can print double-sided documents. When making copies, use double-sided copying.
- Review documents on the screen instead of printing a draft.
- Consider purchasing an ink jet printer instead of a laser printer. Although they are a little slower, they use 80-90 percent less energy.
- Turn the computer off overnight and on weekends.
- Turn off your monitor when you go to lunch or to a meeting.
- Wait until you are ready to use the PC before turning it on.
- Do not turn on the printer until ready to print, even an idle printer consumes energy.
- Connect PCs, monitors, fax machines and computer "peripherals" to one power strip, and then turn off that power strip when not in use and every night.
- Turn the lights off in rooms when not in use.
- Opt for double sided printing .