Alumni - West Chester University
West Chester University
Hardware Replacement Guidelines
- The purpose of this replacement cycle is to ensure that eligible faculty and staff has a computer to use in teaching, research and administration.
- Equipment will be maintained by Information Services during its supported life.
- PC Replacement funding doesn't allow for an individual member to receive 2 systems simultaneously from the replacement fund (i.e., PC and laptop). Any additional units must be covered by departmental funds. Replacement of the additional unit is the responsibility of the department.
- The current hardware replacement cycle is between 4-5 years.
- Desktop upgrade
- Upgrade through the replacement fund with the current standard desktop
- Retired desktop is removed
- If you have both laptop and desktop
- Replacement fund will only replace ONE system (desktop OR laptop)
- Old unit is removed
- If an individual is a new hire not replacing a current position
- The department hiring is responsible for the initial purchase
- Laptop upgrade
- Upgrade through replacement fund with the current standard laptop
- Retired laptop is removed
- If the individual has a docking station/port replicator the fund will pay for a replacement and retired equipment is removed
- If a printer is deemed non-repairable it is replaced with department funds
- If a printer is in need of a fuser/ maintenance kit it is charged to department funds
- Dual monitor and any peripheral are purchased with department funds
- If an individual has dual monitors and one monitor is deemed non-repairable it is replaced with department funds