How to access Library databases from off–campus
Library databases are licensed for the use of West Chester University students, faculty and staff and most databases can be accessed from any computer on campus. If you are off–campus you can access the databases using your WCU RAM eCard or your WCU username & password.
When you select one of the library database links from off–campus, you will first be taken to the Keystone Library Network PASS Patron Authentication System web page to log in.
Two ways to log in:
- With your WCU Username/Password, just as for WCU Webmail or D2L.
- Using the 16-digit number on the back of your RAM eCard, plus your last name.
Your card must have been previously activated at the Library Circulation Desk. (call 610.436.2946 for help)
Here are the most common problems in gaining access:
- Be sure you have included @wcupa.edu with your WCU username or entered all digits of your library barcode numbers.
- Your RAM eCard has not been activated for library use.
Take your card to the Library Circulation Desk to get it activated (or call the phone number above).
- The link to the database may have changed and your browser bookmark or computer shortcut is an old link.
Re-enter the database through its listing on the Libraries' Databases webpage. Since database entry points change frequently, it is best to bookmark the Libraries' webpage and always enter the database from there.
- Sometimes a database is temporarily unavailable. Please wait 20 minutes and try again.
If you are still having problems - or for any other help (searching, locating information) - please contact the WCU Library Reference Desk (email: email@example.com
; phone: 610.436.2453; or text: 610-915-8659). We are always glad to help.