Department of Mathematics
West Chester University
Office: UNA 108
- B.S. Drew University
- M.S. Mathematics, Rutgers University
- Ph.D. Mathematics Education, Rutgers University
- Teacher Questioning
- Classroom Discourse
- Impact of hand held graphing technology in the classroom
- Fall 2011 - present: Assistant Professor
- 2010 - 2011: Supervisor of Mathematics, 6-12, & Business, 9-12, Mahwah Public Schools, Mahwah, NJ
- 2008 - 2010: Supervisor of Mathematics, 6-12, Ridgewood Public Schools, Ridgewood, NJ
- 2006 - 2008: District Supervisor of Mathematics, Springfield Public Schools, Springfield, NJ
2003 – 2006: Mathematics Teacher, North Brunswick Township High School, North Brunswick, NJ
- 2002 – 2003: Mathematics Teacher, Jonas Salk Middle School, Old Bridge, NJ
- 1998 – 2000: Mathematics Teacher, Old Bridge, NJ
Ilaria, Daniel R. (2014). Introducing Integration. My Favorite Lesson. The Mathematics Teacher, 108(5), NCTM
Ilaria, Daniel R. (2014). Teaching beyond the assessment. The New Jersey Mathematics Teacher, 72(1), AMTNJ.
Ilaria, Daniel R. (2014). The efficacy and impact of a hybrid professional development model on handheld graphing technology use. Liljedahl, P., Nicol, C., Oesterle, S., & Allan, D. (Eds.). Proceedings of the 38th Conference of the International Group for the Psychology of Mathematics Education and the 36th Conference of the North American Chapter of the Psychology of Mathematics Education (Vol. 1). Vancouver, Canada: PME.
Ilaria, Daniel R. (2014). Pulp Paper. The Mathematics Teacher, 107(7), NCTM.
Ilaria, Daniel R. (2013). How graphing technology changes teacher questions. International Journal of Learning. Vol. 19(3). CG Publisher. London.
Ilaria, Daniel R. (2016). Teaching Pre-service Teachers to Persevere in Problem Solving. Presentation at the Association for Mathematics Teacher Educators. Anaheim, CA.
Ilaria, Daniel R. (2015). Persevering in Solving Problems. Presentation at California Mathematics Council – South, Palm Springs, CA.
Ilaria, Daniel R. (2015). Transformations, Congruence & Proofs with Technology. Presentation at National Council of Teachers of Mathematics Regional Conference. Minneapolis, Minn.
Ilaria, Daniel R. (2014). The efficacy and impact of a hybrid professional development model on handheld graphing technology use. Paper presented at PME. Vancouver.
Ilaria, Daniel R. (2013). Removing Barriers to Reasoning and Sense Making in the Classroom. Presentation at NCTM Regional Meeting, Las Vegas, NV.