Department of Mathematics
West Chester University
Office: UNA 117
- Ph.D. (Mathematics) University of California, Los Angeles, 1986
- M.A. (Mathematics) University of California, Los Angeles, 1982
- M.S. Zhejian University, 1981
- B.A. Zhejian University, 1979
- Algebraic groups
- Number theory
- Department of Mathematics, West Chester University. West Chester, Pennsylvania.
Professor of Mathematics. (1997 – )
Associate Professor of Mathematics. (1989 – 1997)
Department of Mathematics, Indiana University, Bloomington, Indiana. Assistant Professor of Mathematics. (1986-1989)
- Department of Mathematics, University of California at Los Angeles (UCLA), Los Angeles, California. Instructor (June 1986 ─ August 1986)
- Department of Mathematics, University of California at Los Angeles (UCLA), Los Angeles, California. Teaching assistant and research assistant. ( 1982 ─ 1986)
- On the fixed points of symmetric product mappings, M.S. Thesis, Zhejiang University, 1982.
On the cyclicity of G-modules, research report, Department of Mathematics, UCLA, 1985.
The invariant theory of unipotent subgroups of reductive algebraic groups, Ph.D. dissertation, UCLA, 1986.
On the Popov-Pommerening conjecture for the groups of type G2, Algebras, Groups and Geometries, vol. 5, no. 4 (1988) 421-432.
An algorithm for explicit generators of the invariants of the basic Ga-actions, Communications in Algebra, vol. 17, no. 3 (1989) 565-572.
On the Popov-Pommerening conjecture for the groups of type An, Proceedings of the American Mathematical Society, vol. 106, no. 3 (1989) 611-616.
Some recent development in the Popov-Pommerening Conjecture, Proceedings of the International Conference on Group Actions, Canadian Mathematical Society Conference Proceedings, vol. 10 (1989) 207-220.
Some determinantal identities and the big cells, Advances in Mathematics, vol. 101, no. 1 (1993) 1-9.
Signs in the Laplace expansions and the parity of the distinguished representatives, Discrete Mathematics, vol. 131 (1994) 287-299.
An Introduction to Invariant Theory, Volume I. Zhejiang University Press, 1994.
On the distinguished coset representatives of the parabolic subgroups in finite Coxeter groups, Communications in Algebra, vol. 22, no. 3 (1994) 1049-1061.
On a theorem of Bell-Campbell-Hughes, Communications in Algebra, vol. 23, no. 5 (1995) 1927-1930.
The group of rational points on the unit circle, Mathematics Magazine, vol. 69, no. 3 (1996) 163-171.
Proof Without Words: Eisenstein’s Duplication Formula 2csc (2θ) = tan θ+ cot θ, Mathematics Magazine, vol. 71, no. 3 (1998), 207.
Notes on the Gamma Function. Zhejiang University Press, 2001.
A geodesic between Hilbert’s Basis Theorem and Gordan’s Lemma, Northeastern Mathematics Journal, 2002.
Some new identities in Fibonacci Numbers, in preparation.
Notes on the Gamma Function. Second edition, in preparation.
Combinatorics Through Generating Functions. In preparation.
- West Chester University Mathematics Colloquium, May 5, 2016: "The Postage Stamp Problem" Revisited.
- West Chester University Mathematics Colloquium, November 30th, 2011: The Solution Structure of Certain Type of Multiple-Choice Problems.
- West Chester University Mathematics Colloquium, October 8th, 2008: What Are Elementary Functions?
- West Chester University Mathematics Colloquium, February 27th, 2008: Variations on a Theme by Moser.
- West Chester University Mathematics Colloquium,March 28th, 2007: An Mat 103 in China.
- Carl B. Allendoefer Prize by the Mathematical Association of America, 1997.