Arcadia University's M.S. in physician assistant studies
Time of Application:
- During junior year at WCU.
Standards of the Program:
- Minimum total SAT score (critical reading and math) of 1100
- Student must be matriculated full time at WCU for their final four semesters in BS Biology: General Concentration, BS Biology: Cell & Molecular concentration, or BS Chemistry-Biology.
- Successfully complete the prerequisite coursework for MSPAS program which includes: Biological Sciences-6 lab courses including anatomy, physiology and microbiology; Chemistry-4 lab/lecture courses including organic chemistry; Psychology-1 course (abnormal and developmental are recommended); Mathematics-at least 1 statistics course; Humanitites-5 courses with a course in ethics or medical ethics recommended.
- Achieve a minimum GPA of 3.30 or better in prerequisite courses (humanities courses not included in calculation), and an overall GPA of 3.30 or better. A grade of C or better must be earned in each prerequisite.
- Achieve a minimum score of 1700 on the verbal, quantitative, and analytical portions of the GRE with no single score below 450.
- Earn a minimum 500 hours of patient care experience or a combination of health care experience and research.
- Obtain a recommendation from a practicing, licensed physician or physician assistant.
- Interview with and gain recommendation from the WCU Pre-Medical Committee.
- Interview successfully with Director of the Arcadia University MSPAS program.
Notify WCU's Pre-Medical Program Director of your intent to apply to the MPSAS program by the end of your sophomore year. Interview with WCU Pre-Medical Committee in the first semester of junior year. Interview with the Director of the Arcadia University MSPAS program in the first semester of junior year. GRE exam must be taken in junior year. By the end of junior year, student must submit the Letter of Intent form to Arcadia University identifying the desired date of admission. Admission to Arcadia University MSPAS program upon completion of senior year at WCU.