University Retention Committee Objectives
- Consult with the Provost in identifying an individual and position to provide leadership for, and the monitoring of retention objectives/initiatives.
- Articulate and clarify the roles of the Retention Committee, Retention Administrator, College Retention Liaisons and propose an appropriate organizational structure.
- Sponsor a Student Retention reception/meeting to share Committee objectives and highlight University and other Best Practices.
- Pursue and identify a student intern to assist in the development of a Retention Web site and other communication mechanisms.
- Review and discuss annual comprehensive retention and graduation data.
- Provide Department Chairpersons with their historical second and multi-year retention data and encourage them to establish retention goals to be achieved over a three-year period.
- Identify possible incentives and suggest to Departments five Best Practices to be considered for implementation to enhance retention.
- In consultation with the Office of Institutional Research, develop a persistence model which could identify students (non-ADP) who could likely benefit from timely retention intervention strategies.
- Have the ADP identify existing WCU departmental models which successfully enroll new or accepted transfer ADP students; pursue replicating these models in three other designated prioritized departments.
- Strengthen the interaction between the Retention Committee and Enrollment Projections Committee towards suggesting relevant initiatives and reaffirming the retention predictive model utilized for enrollment projections.
University Retention Committee Members