Veteran Employment Opportunities and Information
West Chester University Opportunities and Resources
The Veterans Center has six VA Work-Study positions available for student veterans for the Spring 2015 semester. If you are a full-time student, with a minimum GPA of 3.0, and are interested, please fill out the VA Work-Study Application and return to Lillian Morrison firstname.lastname@example.org by close of business on Friday, January 23, 2015. Interviews will be conducted the week of January 26 – 30, 2015.
To learn more about the VA Work-Study program, visit this site www.benefits.va.gov/gibill/workstudy.asp
West Chester University Career Development Center:
Located on the second floor of Lawrence Center. Offers a variety of services and resources to assist Student Veterans with starting and advancing your career, for example:
- Individual appointments for assistance with identifying major and career options
- Career exploration and job search resources in our resource room and online
- Resume writing assistance and personalized feedback
- Interview advice and preparation
- Career fairs, on-campus interviews by employers, and other networking connections
External Opportunities and Resources
See the latest Job Opportunities/Openings.
- America's Veterans: Valued~Experienced~Trained: U.S. Office of Personnel Management’s Government-wide Veterans Employment Web site. This web site is a critical component of the Federal Government’s strategy for the recruitment and employment of Veterans.
- Freedom and Honor: Transition~Leadership~Education:
Freedom and Honor is a team of combat veterans and seasoned trainers in transition, leadership, self-empowerment, risk communication and other areas of expertise. Freedom and Honor team offers a variety of programs dedicated to the lives of those who serve our nation, their families and the military organizations that support them.
- G. I. Jobs: Offers advice and training on translating military experience to civilian resumes, interview advice, job postings and much more.
- Greater Philadelphia Veterans Network (GPVN): GPVN's goal is to: Ensure veterans have career services programs and mentors available to help accelerate their job search; Offer Veteran Entrepreneurship programs; Generate job leads by networking with business leaders in the Greater Philadelphia area who are looking to hire veterans.
- Helmets to Hardhats: Connects Veterans into promising careers in construction.
- Hire Our Heroes (HOH): HOH will provide a free, round-trip ticket to any transitioning veteran going on a job interview anywhere in the country. HOH will provide a free round trip airline ticket to any transitioning veteran interviewing to secure a job without the means to travel to and from the interview. The idea here is to support small to medium size businesses by allowing them to tap into an untapped market of talent that they might not typically have access to, due to budget constraints. In addition, this allows transitioning veterans the opportunity to interview and secure opportunities prior to making the final transition back into the civilian world. HOH hopes that by providing these benefits to all transitioning veterans, the odds of securing employment are greatly increased. To learn more and see if you qualify, please visit http://hireourheroes.org/free-travel/#sthash%2EllSe98bx%2Edpbs
- HirePatriots: HirePatriots is committed to finding a job for every US Veteran and their spouses. Job Fairs, Online Education, Resumes, Interviews, Career Blogs and more.
- Hire Veterans:
- Military.com: “The Largest Veteran Job Board in the World”: This link contains a range of employment and career transition resources. A valuable feature is the Network with Veteran link, to facilitate networking connections to assist in the transition and job search.
- MilitaryConnection.Com: Online directories of resources and information feature vital information on military education and benefits including the GI Bill, employment opportunities, the latest military job postings, pay charts and salary calculators. Search through our directory for government, federal jobs and civilian employment opportunities today!
- Pennsylvania Department of Labor: Veterans Program: Specially trained veteran employment representatives located in PA CareerLink® offices provide veterans with a full range of employment services, including referral services, job development, referral to training, and referral to government and community veteran service agencies. These representatives help veterans match their job skills to employer job openings and contact employers on behalf of the veteran for consideration in hiring.
- Recruit Military: Recruit Military is a veteran-owned firm dedicated to helping you achieve your dreams: education, veteran jobs and civilian careers, new business and franchise ownership, training, and much more.
- Resume Assistance
- Translating your Miitary experience for civilan sector jobs
- VA Facilities Job Openings
- VA Vet Success Vocational Rehabilitation & Employment Services): The VetSuccess program assists Veterans with service-connected disabilities to prepare for, find, and keep suitable jobs. For Veterans with service-connected disabilities so severe that they cannot immediately consider work, VetSuccess offers services to improve their ability to live as independently as possible.
- Veterans Across America: A non-profit organization dedicated to working on behalf of America's veterans, and to creating an employment demand for them among a broad network of leaders of American business and other organizations and institutions.
- "Veterans' Preference": What is it?
- Veterans Employment.com: In partnership with Monster.com, veterans, active duty, guard and reserve can search for thousands of jobs for veterans from employers who value military experience. Plus a special section for security clearance jobs.
Vets 2 Feds (V2F) Career Development Program: This new program is designed to recruit and support the development of our Nation's Student Veterans for careers with the Federal Government. The program will offer you the opportunity to pursue valuable experience related to the contracting career field while pursuing your education. Visit Feds Hire Vets for more information.
- Warriors to Work: Wounded Warrior Project’s Warriors to Work program assists warriors with the transition back into the civilian workforce. This free program offers a complete package of employment-assistance services, including resume assistance, interviewing skills, job training, networking and job placement assistance.