The West Chester University Libraries are committed to serving all members of the West Chester University community and providing equal access to resources and services. The Libraries will make reasonable accommodations for users with disabilities whenever possible.
You can seek assistance at any library service desk. You can also contact us via phone, email, text, or chat. Assistance includes, but is not limited to: reading brief documents, navigating the library’s electronic resources, and retrieving materials from the shelves.
Physical Access and Parking
- The library has automated doors at the main entrance. An automated door is also at the entrance near the accessible parking lot at the back of the library for users with approved access. To apply for access, please contact Library Administration (610-436-2747).
- There are dedicated accessible computer workstations on the 2nd floor of the library. Workstations are labeled with disabled access priority and are equipped with adjustable height tables.
- Service animals are welcome in the library.
- In the event of an emergency, library users who require assistance in evacuating the building should wait in or near the closest stairwell for assistance. Campus safety personnel clear the building during an emergency and check the stairwell entrances for library users who require assistance.
- All computers have Magnifier and Kurzweil software installed.
- All computers have large screen monitors for viewing.
- Select computers have Zoomtext software.
- A reader is available to view microforms at 50x magnification.
- Closed captioned films can be watched on viewing stations located in the Instructional Media Center (IMC) on the 1st floor.
- A magnifying glass can be requested at the Reference Desk.
The library is dedicated to making sure electronic resources are accessible. If you encounter problems with the accessibility of a library electronic resource, please contact us, and we will work with you to provide the resource within a reasonable period of time.
Library ADA Coordinator
Deirdre Childs, Access Services Manager