View Text Only Version

Distance Education

Become a Student

Contact Distance Education  

Distance Education

Wayne Hall
6th Floor
125 W. Rosedale Ave.
West Chester, PA 19383

Phone: 610-436-2948
Fax: 610-436-2189

Distance Education Support
Phone: 610-436-3373

(Request for Information)

Out of State Students

Important Information to Prospective Students


If you are a non-PA resident and are considering an online academic program at West Chester University, please review the following information which explains the institution’s status with regard to offering online education to students living outside of Pennsylvania:

On December 7th, 2016, West Chester University became a participant in the State Authorization Reciprocity Agreement (SARA), an agreement among member states, districts and territories that establishes comparable national standards for interstate offering of postsecondary distance education courses and programs. Operating under SARA allows WCU to offer online education students that live in the 50 states, districts, and territories that are part of SARA. Visit for the most up-to-date information about member states.

If you are considering an online academic program that leads to professional licensure/certification, please review the following information:

West Chester University's programs are designed to meet the requirements of the Pennsylvania Department of Education (PDE) for recommending candidates for licensure/certification. If you are considering a program that leads to licensure/certification, or that you believe leads to licensure/certification, and plan to seek licensure/certification outside of Pennsylvania, it is your responsibility to seek guidance from the appropriate licensing agency in your state BEFORE beginning the academic program. Licensure requirements by occupation and state can be found at CareerOneStop.

Complaint Policy

Online and distance education students may file a complaint by following the student complaint policy. Additionally, out-of-state online and distance education students may file a complaint with their state agency. State agency complaint information can be found on the State Authorization page.

Back to top of page.