The goals of the department are to provide students with the ability to:
- identify and apply individual customer and marketing needs to a marketing situation.
- develop an understanding of the ethical concerns on marketing decisions.
- use appropriate business tools and processes to develop, analyze and communicate information.
- develop an awareness of the impact of global diversity on marketing decisions.
- effectively communicate information of a business nature through written presentations.
- effectively communicate information of a business nature and engage audiences (small and large) through oral presentations.
- effectively interact with others as part of a team.
- possess the requisite knowledge and tool sets of the marketing discipline.
- appropriately be able to acquire and evaluate information to solve a marketing problem.