In line with WCU's diversity goals and also to encourage extracurricular activities, our accounting students have established the following professional student groups/associations:
Beta Alpha Psi is the accounting, finance, and information systems honors fraternity on campus. It is a co-ed organization, which is recognized on a national level as a distinguished group. Requirements to be an official member include completion of at least 2 years of collegiate courses, completion of at least one 300 level class in your major, and have a cumulative GPA of 3.2 or higher. Participation, however, is welcome by all prospects, so underclassmen are welcome to attend and participate. The group participates in community service events, networking events with firms and corporations, social events, and professional presentations. Meetings are held every Thursday at 6:00pm. The meetings are business casual attire.
- Beta Alpha Psi Schedule
- WCU Accounting Society
Accounting Society is a great way to build basic knowledge of career opportunities, networking skills, and resume writing skills. The organization typically meets every other Monday night from 5:00-6:30pm in Sykes room 210.
- Accounting Society Schedule
- Institute of Management Accountants (IMA)
IMA helps students learn about additional career opportunities in corporate accounting. IMA hosts presentations about career development opportunities other than the CPA designation. IMA meetings are joined with Accounting Society meetings.
- National Association of Black Accountants (NABA)
- NABA's goals include the following:
- To promote and develop the professional skills of our members
- To encourage and assist students entering in a profession of their choice
- To provide opportunities for members to fulfill their civic responsibilities
- To promote public confidence in our members and the services they provide
- To encourage cordial relations among members and cooperative relationships with other professionals
- Please contact Sharonn Taylor with questions (ST745923@wcupa.edu)
- National Association of Black Accountants Schedule
There are other campus-wide opportunities for students to interact with one another both socially and in pursuit of academic endeavors. Information about students groups within the university is available at the Student Leadership & Involvement web site.