Does your company qualify?
Interested in free training dollars? Read on to determine if your company qualifies for WEDnet PA to receive funding toward
upgrading your employees' skills to better compete in today's business market. Submit an "inquiry" at WEDnet PA and choose "West Chester University" as your WEDnet Partner to begin offsetting training costs. Plan year is July 1st to June 30th each year. Application period: June & July, with rolling applications thereafter.
- Employers based or significant presence in PA.
- Point-of-sale businesses, gaming establishments, training vendors, employment agencies,
government agencies, government-owned facilities, education and some non-profit entities
- Turnover rate of 24% or less.
- Participation limited to 2 consecutive years or 3 out of last 5 yrs.
- Training must start by 2/1 or within 30 days of contract approval (whichever comes
- Employees must be verifiable residents of and employed in PA.
- Employees must earn at least 150% of federal minimum wage.
- Jobs must be permanent FT and eligible for FT benefits.
Essential Skills (ES) Training Qualifications
- Employers must be manufacturing or produce/provide a technology product or service.
- Executives with company-level decision making responsibilities (budgetary, policy
making, etc.) are ineligible for ES funding, except for companies with less than 101
- Eligible employees receive up to $600 per fiscal year.
- On-the-job and orientation training are ineligible for reimbursement.
Technical Skills (TS) Training Qualifications
- All employees may be reimbursed regardless of title, type of company or size, as long as training relates to job responsibilities.
- Eligible employees receive up to $1200 per fiscal year.
Visit WEDnet PA for more detail
- Eileen Jenkins, Certified WEDnet PA Partner
- Graduate Center @ West Chester University
- 1160 McDermott Drive, West Chester PA 19380