Joseph Santivasci, M.Ed.
Associate Provost for Enrollment Management and Campus Planning
Marcie Cohen, M.S.
Associate Director for Student Services
Ben Morgan, M.A.
Associate Director, Student Success Center
Assistant Director for Recruitment
Welcome to the Student Success Center!
The Student Success Center (Room 3) celebrates and fosters critical literacy and thinking skills through in-person and online tutoring, professional development workshops, classroom presentations, and faculty support. Our mission is to ensure the academic and professional success of our students through collaborative feedback that empowers students to communicate with confidence.
Working on a draft of a particularly challenging research paper? Struggling to articulate an answer to an interview question? Feeling lost in the search for peer-reviewed source material? The Student Success Center at WCU in Philadelphia can help!
Spring 2018 Hours
What you can expect at the success center:
We encourage you to make use of the success center as an antidote to procrastination and a source of accountability. Think of our support as a resource for generating, revising, and receiving feedback on your work, whether that work is for the classroom or your professional development, but be careful not to treat the success center as a last-minute fix-it shop, which reinforces bad study habits or may create co-dependency.
What we expect from students who come to the success center:
While students may visit the success center without an appointment, we strongly recommend using our online system to schedule in advance.
(NOTE: If it’s your first-time using the success center, you will need to follow the instructions to register with your WCUPA email address.)
Spring 2018 Staff:
Questions? Concerns? We welcome your feedback on any aspect of the success center's work. Please feel free to call us at 267-386-3027, or contact Ben Morgan.
Sign in to your Ram Career Network account for access to internship and job postings!
The Career Development Center assists with:
To schedule a 30-minute phone appointment, please call (610) 436-2501.
Free and confidential Counseling Services are provided to WCU in Philadelphia students on a part-time basis. Dr. Kristin Shelesky, a WCU faculty psychologist, offers appointments on Thursdays at the Center City site. Appointments are available between 11AM and 6PM. To schedule, contact the WCU Counseling Center at (610) 436-2301 or email@example.com and ask to schedule an appointment with Dr. Shelesky at the Philadelphia Campus.
If you plan to take courses at WCU and another school, such as a community college, in the same semester, and would like to use financial aid, you must complete a Consortium Agreement . This form gets taken to the financial aid office of the host institution, and then sent to WCU’s financial aid office. This allows WCU to package you for enough aid to cover the cost of both schools. Please keep in mind that WCU does not pay the host institution directly; you will receive the funds in the form of a refund check after the semester has begun. A Consortium Agreement must be submitted every semester during which you will be dual-enrolled.
Financial Aid Process
In order to receive financial aid, you must complete the following steps:
Be sure to check your WCU email regularly for important financial aid alerts!
Search for Scholarship opportunities with the new WCU scholarship search tool! Click "Apply Now" to complete the WCU General Scholarship Application.
Visit the WCU Registrar's Graduation and Commencement page for:
Click here for the Commencement homepage.
May/August 2018 Graduates - Cap and Gown Ordering
Be sure to use the link for Philadelphia Campus students to have your cap and gown sent to the Philadelphia Campus.
Undergraduate Students: Click here for Philadelphia Campus cap and gown orders
Graduate Students: Click here for Philadelphia Campus cap and gown orders
Philadelphia Commencement Ceremony for May & August Graduates
Monday, May 14, 2018
Undergraduate Ceremony: 5:00pm
Graduate Ceremony: 7:00pm
Held at the DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Philadelphia Center City, 237 S. Broad St.
*RSVP is required. Please see your WCU student email for additional information.
Students attending classes at WCU’s Philadelphia Site will have access to the multiple library resources on the West Chester campus. For information about accessing materials, please visit the library's special online resource site.
Electronic Materials and Delivery of Print Materials
86% of the University Libraries’ collection is available online 24/7 for WCU in Philadelphia students. This includes:
WCU Library will ship books & DVDs to:
Request PDF scans of articles from print journals and chapters from books via ILLiad:
If the Library doesn’t have a particular material, you can request it via interlibrary loan.
· Social Work Reference Center: Best practices, guidelines, patient education, and more quick access information for social workers and mental health professionals
· Encyclopedia of Social Work: Overview articles on key topics ranging from international issues to ethical standards that is continuously updated
· PolicyMap: Online geographical information database with data on housing, education, mortgage originations, jobs and more. Create custom maps, tables, and reports
· Psychotherapy.net: Streaming videos in the areas of counseling and therapy as well as tools and manuals for use in instructional settings
· Our main eBook collections (eBook Central and eBook Academic Collection) have social work books, including multiple book series such as “Foundations of Social Work Knowledge,” “Research Highlights in Social Work Services,” “Contemporary Social Work Studies,” and “Springer Series on Social Work.”
· Legal Collection: Full-text, authoritative source for information on current issues, studies, thoughts and trends of the legal world covered in hundreds of the world's most respected scholarly law journals
· Criminal Justice and Public Safety in Video: Documentaries, training videos, and interviews illustrating the strategies, techniques, and experiences of professionals serving on the front lines of justice and public safety
· Anatomy & Physiology online: 3D modelling of human anatomy and physiology
· Cochrane Library & Clinical Answers: provide evidence-based information for healthcare decision making
· DSM Library: Includes access to DSM-V Diagnostic & Statistical Manual, Handbook of Differential Diagnosis, Clinical Cases, and Guía de consulta de los criterios diagnósticos del DSM-5
· Nursing Education in Video: Streaming videos created specifically for the education and training of nurses, nursing assistants and other healthcare workers
· eBook Clinical collection: More than 2,600 quality titles that focus on medical specialties, nursing, allied health and general practice areas
Need help from a reference librarian?
WCU in Philadelphia has started a Lending Library! Contact Coordinator of Student Support,
if you would like to donate or reserve books. View available books .
Student ID photos may be submitted online via the branch campus online submission form. Please read the following instructions and photo guidelines carefully before submitting the form: Online Photo Submission .
Student IDs will be distributed during the first week of classes. Students will need to present another valid form of photo ID (i.e. driver's license, passport) in order to receive their student ID card.
Accepted forms of payment:
If you are using Financial Aid to purchase books through the WCU SSI Bookstore, please follow these additional steps: