The Administration and Finance team of dedicated professionals is committed to the
good stewardship of West Chester University’s financial, physical, and human resources.
We provide a wide range of support functions that are vital to the operation of the
University and to the success of students, faculty, and staff. Our goals are to provide
high-quality services, enhance the learning experience, and ensure safe and functional
living and learning environments at West Chester University.
In support of the President’s Strategic Initiatives, the Administration and Finance Division has identified the following priorities:
- Address key budget issues
- Redesign the budget allocation process to support the strategic direction of the University,
provide incentives for entrepreneurism, and ensure the long-term financial viability
of the University.
- Develop budgets to meet the immediate and long-term needs of the University.
- Communicate budget information to key stakeholders
- Provide leadership for development of the University’s new strategic plan.
- Enhance business processes for greater efficiency and better customer service
- Provide training related to sound business practices to internal customers in the
- Provide customer-service training to front-line workers, supervisors, and managers
in the division.
- Explore alternative means of delivering selected support services, both to improve
service quality and to reduce costs.
- Identify new revenue opportunities and support other areas of the University in generating
- Identify and mitigate major risks
- In concert with PASSHE’s internal auditor, develop and administer a risk-assessment
tool to the campus.
- Develop and refine policies and procedures and engage in the appropriate training
to ensure a safe campus.
- Continue community outreach efforts, which will be more important as a result of increasing
enrollment, the construction of new facilities, and further expansion of the geothermal
- Provide general and focused updates to municipal leaders and the University’s residential
- Provide timely responses to concerns from municipal leaders and neighbors.
- Provide leadership for capital improvements and completion of the comprehensive facilities
- Develop an analysis of workforce planning needs and begin implementing workforce planning
to ensure that adequate talent exists to replace key individuals who might retire
or otherwise leave the University in the next several years.