Campus Climate Intervention Team (CCIT)
The Campus Climate Intervention Team was established in the fall of 1991 to foster an institution-wide climate free from acts of intolerance and to establish protocol for responding to and monitoring acts of intolerance, should they occur. The team is actively involved in:
- prevention - recommend initiatives that support a positive University climate;
- communication - communicate to the campus the University's commitment to diversity, tolerance, and civility;
- anticipation - identify issues and indicators that may give rise to intolerance;
- response - immediate implementation of specific procedures to ease tension and assist those subjected to intolerance; and
- management - recommend steps to be taken after each incident to restore and maintain an amicable environment.