New first-year students will be assigned advisors in August. We will be happy to answer
your questions about schedules, majors, and courses during your June Orientation.
See you soon.
"My advisor was very nice and helpful!! She really helped me to understand how to
pick classes and what classes I would need for the major I want to get into!"
"Advisors were all very friendly, and it's easy to get an appointment."
"They knew exactly what questions were going to be asked and answered them, making
perfect sense to me."
"My advisor is great!"
Welcome to WCU! Exploratory Studies Advisors are faculty members whose job is to help
undecided WCU students explore majors and to guide students regarding course selection
and grade requirements for those majors. WCU has many people, programs, and courses
to help you make a decision that's right for you. We recognize that choosing a major
and career direction is an important step in life, and making this decision is a complex
Some of the important ways we help:
- Meet with you at least once every semester - you set up an appointment prior to your
(When do I schedule?)
- Schedule as early as possible after your enrollment date and time permit; classes
- In your MyWCU account, you can check what classes are available using the Check Class
- Suggest courses suitable for majors or to explore your interests
- After meeting with your advisor, click Change/Add/Remove Major,Minor or Certificate via the link in myWCU, clicking on the top link to then Change Major.
- Refer you to important WCU resources.
Change of Major Action Plan
Why Make an Appointment?
- You will not be able to schedule courses for the following semester until you have
met with your advisor.
- Your advisor will help you through the process of choosing the major that's right
- You will work with your advisor to identify your interests, strengths, and weaknesses
as they relate to majors.
- Your advisor can provide you with valuable options, accurate information, connections
to campus resources, and timely referrals.
How to Make an Appointment:
Students can make an advising appointment in one of three ways:
- Schedule An Appointment Online
- Call the office at 610-436-3505
- Come in to the office at Lawrence Center room 222
(Who is my advisor?)
- In MyWCU, the name of your advisor is located on the top left hand side under the
When to Make an Appointment:
At least two weeks before your scheduling date,
whenever you have questions about majors or courses, if you have concerns of any kind
ENROLLMENT APPOINTMENT (MyWCU Account)
- The date listed first in your “Enrollment Appointment.” is the date you can begin
- Do NOT wait until that date to schedule an appointment, see your advisor earlier to
lift the hold, so you can schedule when your enrollment appointment comes up (provided
you have no other holds).