The Office of Research and Sponsored Programs (ORSP) facilitates the entire research development process by:
- Assisting faculty in looking for funding and support, internally and externally
- Identifying potential collaborators at WCU and elsewhere
- Identifying faculty mentors for interested students
- Engaging our faculty as peer reviewers to strategically invest WCU funding in promising faculty and student research projects
- Gathering intelligence information so faculty proposals to external funding sponsors have the highest chance for success possible
- Knowing the sponsoring agency requirements first-hand (some of us have worked for those federal research sponsors prior to our service to WCU)
- Assisting in proposal development, budget preparation, and even the management of sponsored projects
Look for the next Research Day in the Fall 2016 Semester
The Spring 2016 Research Day was held on Tuesday, 5 April 2016 and featured over 50 poster and 20 oral presentations, presented by faculty and students from all across campus. Additionally, 5 students received the Student Research and Creative Activities award. Each student presented their award winning research in a ceremony held in the Sykes Theatre. Abstracts of all posters and presentations can be found in the program booklet.
- NSF Grant Writing Workship Presented by Dr. Robert Porter
(Email Catherine or Laura for more Information)
- NIH 101: Applying for an R03 or R15
- IRB 101: Seeking IRB Approval at WCU
- National Endowment for the Humanities Workshop
- "The NSF and You" Presented by Dr. Nora Savage
Can't find what you are looking for? Let us know!
WCU Annual Research Report
Research Office Information Sheet
**ORSP Announces Faculty Research Mentor Matchmaking Program. Click here for more information on how you can be involved as a mentor or mentee**
Elizabeth Grillo, Associate Professor, Communuications Sciences and Disorders has been awarded $410,260 from the NIH for research on the prevention of voice disorders. Click here for more information.