Readmission applications are available for students who were previously enrolled at
West Chester University as degree candidates. To file a readmission application the
student must have completed at least one semester of course work as a degree candidate
but has been separated from the University for three or more consecutive semesters,
regardless of reason.
All readmission applications, including all supporting documents, are to be filed
by August 1 for the fall semester and December 1 for the spring semester.
Send your completed application form to:
- West Chester University
- Undergraduate Admissions Office
- 100 West Rosedale Avenue
- West Chester, PA 19383
Any student who was previously enrolled in a degree program at West Chester University
and has not attended the University for three or more consecutive semesters, must
follow the outlined procedures to be considered for readmission to the University.
- Complete, sign and date your application . Return to:
- Office of Admissions
Emil H. Messikomer Hall
West Chester University
West Chester, PA 19383
- Send your $45.00 check (payable to West Chester University) and completed application fee form to the Office of the Bursar.
- If you have completed college course work at another institution(s) since leaving
West Chester, have an official transcript(s) sent to the Office of Admissions. If approved for readmission, a copy
of the transcript(s) will be forwarded to the Office of the Registrar for an evaluation
of transfer credit.
- If you left the University with less than a 2.0 cumulative grade point average or
were dismissed for disciplinary reasons, you must also submit a personal statement and include:
- the factors which contributed to your poor academic performance while enrolled at
- a brief overview of your experiences since leaving the institution
- if applicable, circumstances resulting in your dismissal for disciplinary reasons
Upon receipt of all requested materials, your application will be forwarded to the
Director of Admissions for review and a final decision regarding your eligibility
- Recommended deadline dates for completed readmission applications and all supporting documentation:
- August 1 for the Fall semester
- December 1 for the Spring semester
- Students are readmitted into the program of study in which they had previously been
enrolled. If you indicate a desire to change your major, a form will be included with
your acceptance letter. There is no guarantee that a change of curriculum will be approved. Students must meet the specific departmental
requirements for admission to the program of their choice and all required signatures must be on the form in order to process the change. It is the student's responsibility to return the "Change of Curriculum" form to the Office of Admissions prior to the start of the semester.
- All students are readmitted as commuters.
- The Office of the Vice Provost, through the special assistant for academic policy,
at its discretion, offers academic renewal to students at the time they apply for
readmission. Please see the Academic Renewal Policy page for more information.
- Students will receive scheduling information at the time of acceptance. Candidates
for readmission are ineligible for pre-scheduling.
- If you have a disability that you have not previously disclosed and wish to do so,
please contact the Office of Services for Students with Disabilities (OSSD) at 610-436-2564. They will inform you of the appropriate documentation to submit and the assistance
and support services available to students with disabilities. If you believe that
a disability had an effect on your previous course work at the University and wish
to have that fact considered, please include that information in your personal statement.
You may also wish to seek the support of the OSSD in the readmission process.