Welcome to the University Affairs website. We invite you to take a few minutes to
explore the many departments that serve the mission of West Chester University. Below
is our division mission statement and strategic priorities.
University Affairs actively cultivates and maintains effective relationships with
internal and external constituencies to enhance the overall visibility, reputation,
and appreciation of West Chester University and its institutional priorities.
The mission is achieved through:
- Promotional communications, dialogue, and consistent messaging that inform students,
employees, donors, and our community neighbors about the University.
- Community collaborations that work to advance University goals and build relationships
with all constituencies through outreach, sustainable management of university resources,
and entrepreneurial initiatives.
- Advancing the institution’s commitment to the principles of diversity, equity, and
- Establish a compelling University brand and sub-brands that will resonate with the
University’s internal and external target audiences.
- Strengthen community-university relations through the exchange of knowledge, the promotion
of cultural experiences, and the community-focused application of the expertise and
skills of students, faculty, and staff.
- Increase awareness of WCU’s commitment to be a resource and a source of assistance
to local businesses, nonprofit organizations, educational institutions and government
- Provide programs and services that inform, involve, and invest alumni in a lifelong
relationship with the university.
- Work with internal and external constituencies to further West Chester University’s
Climate Action Plan, carbon neutrality, and other sustainability goals.
- Collaborate with the Curriculum and Academic Policies Council (CAPC) to encourage
further discussion of diversity and inclusion in the FYE course or service learning
University Affairs staff members are committed to excellence as we serve the University
and our many students, alumni, parents, friends, and other partners. Please contact
us to learn more about how you can help WCU achieve great things for its students
and the community.
Please send any questions, comments, or concerns to JVillella@wcupa.edu. I am happy
to respond your questions and concerns.
Dr. John Villella
Vice President for University Affairs and Chief of Staff